We all need things to survive mentally, physically and emotionally. With survival kits, we simply attempt to meet some of these most basic needs, in order to alleviate what small amount of stress we can. We provide several different types of kits:
- Kids Survival Kits - All kits provide basic hygiene supplies (soap; scrubby; shampoo/conditioner; hairbrush/comb; toothbrush/paste)
- Babies - Little ones completely depend on those that take care of them, and if the family isn’t prepared for an infant we provide the basic items like diapers, wipes, bottles, pacifiers, a blanket, a toy and we even include a cute diaper bag.
- Toddlers - With a little bit of independence, these guys just need some basics – two outfits, some pull-ups and a toy or two to keep them entertained. These kits also have a blanket or stuffed animal to help them feel safe. Many of these bags were made with love by some of our crafty volunteers.
- Elementary Age
- High School Age
- Foster Parents - We recently expanded this program to include foster parents, and randomly provide gift baskets complete with a full date night package to say thanks for all they do! These typically include gift cards to a restaurant, or events in the area, along with items to help foster mom and dad pamper themselves before their night out.
- Workers - Like our foster parent baskets, we like to love on the local workers who support our families! They work hard for us, and we consider this the least we can do in return. We accept nominations from our community for workers who do an outstanding job day in and day out and deserve a little something extra.
- Family - Our family survival kits promote attachment and togetherness. They usually contain family activity gift cards, family games, etc.